Dr. Dyer makes the writings of great thinkers accessible as he interprets these for us. One of his interpretations last night comes from The "I Am" Discourses (Saint Germain Series, Vol. 3), a small book he read from. Dyer said: "The great presence within you that you call 'I am' is God." The discussion then followed that when you say 'I am...(well, prosperous, content)', you are that, your highest self. Therefore, when we say 'I am tired or not feeling well, or or or...' we are creating that reality, a reality which we also have the power to change.
We heard about the five principles Dyer expounds on in his forthcoming book, Mastering the Art of Manifestation, to be released in March 2012:
- Imagination - the greatest gift you've been given
- Living from the end - seeing what you want manifest
- Assume the feeling of the wish fulfilled
- Attention - going to 'I am" when the subject matter of something comes up
- Now I lay me down to sleep - how our thoughts marinate in our subconscious mind during those 8 hours and the value of applying "I am" in the five minutes before drifting off to sleep at night
Dr. Dyer ended his talk with two very powerful quotes: "When you trust in yourself, you trust in the very wisdom that created you." and "You can either be a host to God or a hostage to your ego."
I am...a host to God and all things that are good in my life. Thank you, Wayne Dyer, for your inspiration and enlightenment along a soul's journey!