How do you see your glass?

Lucyna's Blossom Vegas with a glass in the grass
Do you see your glass as half full or half empty? It's amazing how life offers us abundance at every turn. Sometimes we have our sights set elsewhere and we may not see it. Besides seeing the abundance, we must also appreciate it.

Certainly when we are having a bad day or feeling badly about ourselves, we may not see the abundance in our lives, let alone feel grateful for it. We find our glass empty and we may feel empty. Truth is, we need to find ways to fill our own glass and then take the time to appreciate ALL that we have.

It is only when we learn to appreciate the abundance in our lives--in love, family, friendships, our work and our play--that we get more. We are filled up, like a glass brimming with cool refreshing water on a hot summer day (before the puppy emptied it! :-)).

How do you see your glass?

Comments

  1. I remember being asked that question in a writing workshop some time ago. My answer was "what happened to the missing water?" In this way, I was expressing the inquisitiveness essential to creativity. Unconventional thinking. In all seriousness, your advice is well taken. We spend too much time yearning for what we do not have and take for granted what we do have. Until we lose it. Sadly, counting one's blessings is overshadowed by the need for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post, Kelly!
    You're so right: when I'm upset I see my glass half empty but when I'm happy I see it half full. Even though it's hard to remind ourselves that we don't have it so bad, it's feasible once you practice it often, like a mantra or exercises. I am grateful for what I have and I do thank God every morning when I get up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vasilios: Now there's an interesting question to answer--"What happened to the missing water?"! What does happen to our 'missing water'? What can we take responsibility for? How can we fill our glass back up? Thank you for sharing your thoughts on my post.

    Hi Claudia: Thank you! I like what you say about making it a mantra to be grateful and thanking God (your Higher Power, the universe, or whatever that force is for you) every morning upon waking. I do the same and it keeps me grounded for the day. Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alas, I dropped my glass and it shattered.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts