- Being overly critical and cynical
- Dragging yourself to work and having difficulty getting started
- Irritability with others
- Lack of energy and job satisfaction
- Feeling disillusioned about your job
- Turning to food, drugs or alcohol to salve
- Experiencing changes in sleep habits/appetite
- Physical conditions like headaches, backaches and unexplained aches
Teachers are givers...and the last ones they may give to are themselves. When we put ourselves last, we risk compromising essential self-care that makes us so effective in helping others, such as our learners, the precious young (and older) lives that we impact.
Let's honor the teachers and learning professionals who touch/have touched our lives as we ponder this Henry Adams quote: "A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops."
How has your life been touched by a teacher?
Empowerment coaching can help teachers! InfiniteU Coaching & Consulting is pleased to offer its Burnout Prevention Coaching Program for Learning Professionals. For more information call 514.996.2414.